Stephan is a Psychometrist registered with the Health Professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA no: PMT 0094978). He completed the BPsych Equivalent program through Stellenbosch University in 2017 and possesses extensive knowledge and experience in the field of psychological assessment. This knowledge is utilised to administer and score psychological measures that evaluate clients’ cognitive, academic, behavioural, and emotional aspects. He has undergone training in the administration of several psychological tests, working in the medico-legal field, and is especially interested in neuropsychology.
His duties include.
- Administering psychological tests
- Scoring tests/questionnaires and compiling data for the clinicians
- Observing and documenting behavioural observations during the testing
- Training of new student trainees in test administration and scoring
- Keeping up with updates with testing technology (i.e., iPad)
- Perform psychological testing of patients and research subjects.
- Interview patients and patient caregivers as directed and consult with other professionals to assist in recognition of treatment obstacles.
- Evaluate, score, and summarize tests administered to patients.
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl